Simply put, here are a few moments, decisions I have made as an independent human:
* go to college.
* be with one partner, Ken ...to grow my life.
* work several jobs to pay for my education, twice.
* put my medical career on hold ...to dedicate more time with family.
...and yes, Ken supported my decision to work at home.
* stay at home to do the kind of work survived by love.
...and staying at home has been anything but and everywhere in between.
* go back to school.
* pay for my education, again.
* work for myself and others.
And through it all, I make art as a choice of voice. I still make art and work at home, in my studio, and on paths to different places. Most fortunately, I live with the loving support of family and friends along the way. I don't see my life, work, and actions as that of a feminist, but then, how else would I define my other-than-presidential look at feminism?
This blog goes out to girls, women, and people who look beyond glamour to define self.